Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Super-Sweet Office

Here, at last, are pictures of my not-so-new-anymore office! It’s usually bright and so sunny that I think I’ve used the overhead light only once, but as you can see, the day I picked for my photo shoot was dark and rainy. I’ve yet to hang my diploma on the wall, but otherwise I’m pretty well settled in. Favorite features include the double-monitor computer set up that allows me to spread out documents and work more efficiently from two screens at once, and my plant, which is still alive after four whole weeks.

The perks of working in my office are numerous. Not only do I love the job, I get free coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and Diet Coke all day, access to the snacks we supposedly stock for the kids – Goldfish will get anyone through even the roughest day – and there is free lunch ordered for us every Friday, as if Fridays weren’t already great enough. I have plenty of time to reflect, research, and develop my own materials, and I can shut my door whenever I want to and no one bothers me. I like this when I need to concentrate or when I want to rock out to Kanye West while doing something fairly mindless like redesigning a worksheet. It’s particularly breathtaking to have this privilege after working in a classroom, which is pretty much public territory.

In the right corner of my desk is an obligatory framed family photo as well as a cool  pen stand with a stone globe on it that my parents sent as an office-warming gift.



This is the view out of my rain-spattered window. I look right down on the flower district (you'll have to take my word for this, considering the quality of this photo), which means lots of nice foliage to admire. It's not a Central Park view, but I still think it's pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment