Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Interblog, Again

Summer is a slow time here at work. Many kids are away at camp or on vacation, or else their parents just want to give them a break from academics, and the upshot is that we have far fewer cases each week. While I anticipate three to four kids per week in fall, I'm doing an average of one now. This leaves me with lots of free time, and one way I've been filling it is by writing for the Center's blog.

Personally, I think our blog is pretty interesting. Entries are about anything and everything related to kids and education. They might share a resource, answer questions, summarize new research or do any number of other things. Susan, our resident lawyer and expert on special education, tends to write for it the most, so entries concerning what's legal in schools and what rights parents have are most heavily represented. Mine, naturally, will be skewed towards reading, writing, and other facets of language arts, though I will try to keep things varied. Today, my first entry has been published (access it here), and meanwhile I'm stockpiling a whole bunch of other entries to be put up over the busier months when I have less time to write them.

To those even remotely interested in any of this stuff, I recommend bookmarking the page.  There's bound to be something relevant now and then, and I hope even more frequently than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment