Monday, April 30, 2012

Placeholder

I apologize for my shoddy blog-keeping. I moved all of my stuff to Ed's (now "our") apartment this weekend and, as you can imagine, have been frantically trying to get everything put away before his cats cover it with hair/shred it/knock it off ledges to its doom below/etc. In the interest of posting something, though, here is a nice picture of Central Park I took on Sunday morning:


It's absolutely lovely this time of year. I showed up at the park early, before it got too crowded, to volunteer for a New York Road Runners (NYRR) race on Sunday. As some of you know, to automatically gain entry into the marathon, one must run 9 NYRR races in a calendar year and volunteer for one, too. This was my one, as I've already got my sights set on getting into the 2013 marathon. I enjoyed this volunteering session much more than my last one. Last time, it was cold and rainy and I had to move metal barriers. This time it was sunny and I was issued a bull horn with which I got to help control the flow of traffic both before and after the race in imperious tones. When one is shepherding 10,000 runners, imperious tones are called for.

No comments:

Post a Comment