Sunday, April 4, 2010

Urban Easter

While running through Central Park today, I saw a pack of kids scrambling to cram plastic eggs into plastic bags, shepherded by a few indulgent adults hovering above. I never considered the difficulties of having an egg hunt when one lives in an apartment with no yard. A family could do a lot worse than Central Park, however; it is absolutely stunning at the moment. I can call the profusion of daffodils "riotous" without feeling dramatic.

We had Easter with the Allens one year (can't remember where we were, but it may have been the Grand Canyon) and the four of us kids had to wait in one of the hotel rooms while our parents concealed eggs and gifts in the other room. I remember that it was tough to find everything somehow, which says volumes about our parents' creativity; I mean, how many places can you hide things for four different kids in a hotel room? I could be making this up, but I swear Luke's grand prize turned up in the air conditioning vent. That crafty bunny...

No comments:

Post a Comment