Sunday, September 20, 2009

Farmers' Market

Every Thursday and Sunday, a handful of local farmers and others involved in food production set up shop along Broadway, a few blocks away from my building. It's not very crowded in this picture because I was there insanely early on a Sunday, but by midmorning it's packed.
There are the usual fruits and vegetables for sale (although some of them are pretty gourmet; I've never even heard of some of these varieties of apples and peppers) but there's also an organic turkey farm, a cheese maker, a baker, some ladies who make jam, and a guy who sells all kinds of lavender products. Today I bought three different varieties of apples - my intention was to compare them, but I've already forgotten what they're all called - and some pears.


No comments:

Post a Comment