Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Meet Hester

After five years of being car-less, I've rejoined the ranks of red-blooded Americans everywhere. Ed and I will be driving ourselves out of the land of subways, buses, cabs, Zipcars, and pedestrians, and we'll be doing it in style.

Meet Hester:

Hester is not at her best here. No one looks great in fluorescent lighting. I assure you that she's quite stunning in sunlight.
Hester is a spunky Subaru Impreza. She has all-wheel drive, leather seats, a spacious trunk, and fantastic fuel efficiency. (Sadly for Hester, she also has New Jersey plates, but they're temporary and we're going to swap them for Colorado ones as soon as we can to spare her further shame.) She's named in honor of the our new neighborhood in Boulder. We'll be living on a street called Hawthorn, and even though the spelling doesn't quite match Nathaniel's, I thought his Hester Prynne was a fittingly heroic namesake. And she just looks like a Hester.

I'm quite taken with Hester so far. She's easy on the eyes and very fun to drive, and I know she'll take me on some excellent adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment