Tuesday, January 3, 2012

How to Make a Superb Gin Fizz

My grandparents gave me some nice gifts this Christmas, but my favorite was the lesson my grandfather gave me on the art of gin fizzes! In the spirit of the holidays, which I am not ready to let go of, I share his secrets with you.

You will need all of this stuff: 

1) Fill a blender about halfway with ice.  Then add 6 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate.

2) Add a minimum of 6 oz. gin.

3) Though it is not traditional, my grandfather suggests 6 oz. of apricot juice as well. He uses Kern's.



4) Add 6 oz. half and half (I never said it was health food)



5) Now for the egg. You can use the whole thing, or just the yolk (for a Golden Fizz) or the white (for a Ramos fizz). Bonus points if your eggs are freshly laid by chickens in your own backyard.



6) Top off with about 2 tablespoons Cointreau.



7) Blend until nice and frothy. Be warned that the level of fizz may rise alarmingly, requiring emergency action from onlookers.



8) Serve to your friends and get going right away on the next batch – they'll be ready for it.



Hope your holidays were as fun and fizzy as mine!


3 comments:

  1. Those look incredible! Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Enjoyed the photos of the family too. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww - Great family photos. And - I'll have to try that drink out!

    ReplyDelete