Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Frozen Harlem

When I got out of class on Monday night, I headed to Harlem to visit my friend Ferran before he headed off to Spain for a month for the Christmas holiday. Last year, we were together for the first big snow of the year, and so to honor what has become an unintentional tradition, we went out to take a few pictures.

Believe it or not, this is the least blurry picture of me that Ferran was able to take. It was very windy and absolutely freezing, and I couldn't hold still for even a second.

We were just about the only idiots not huddled up inside.


As you can see, there was no diving into snowbanks for us. Ferran did manage to make a snowball, but it took a while and resulted in a large patch of naked sidewalk. The roads were all salted the next morning, but it hasn't been warm enough for anything else to melt, so it's still on the tops of cars, bushes, and trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment