Thursday, August 12, 2010

Money + Google hits = Silver Lining

I'm really glad I was a recipient of the Zankel Fellowship. Although it was a pain to go all the way out to Heritage and I often ended up feeling sort of depressed about the state of education, welfare, today's inner city youth, etc., I learned a lot. And it payed for a sizable chunk of my tuition as well. (This year, alas, I was not eligible to reapply because fellows have to be full-time students for a year, and I'll be done in-glory hallelujah-December.)

Another perk, it turns out, is that some pretty sweet results appear when one Googles my name. I like to check Google periodically to see what's out there - you never know when some friend of yours may use poor judgement about publicly posting a picture of you for the world to see. I've heard that many employers Google applicants as part of the hiring process as well. The article I wrote for The Jerusalem Post usually appears a few times, and there are a smattering of race times as well. I'm tagged in a picture of the Honduras medical mission team, and my name is also flagged in the St. Paul's Summer School catalogue from 2009.

And lately I've got these two hits:
-In this one, Jill and I are prominently featured on page 54 in a short article accompanied by a terrible picture.

-Jill and I are similarly prominent in this one (scroll to the very, very end of the document) but look much better in the picture.

Ah, fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment