Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sitting on Top of the World

My friends at the Camp Cate laughed when I said this, but I'm going to say it again: I have a great fire escape. By climbing out my bedroom window, there's a view of my pretty, tree-lined street which culminates at Central Park on one end. On hot days I sit out there and read or listen to my iPod. It gets lots of sun, too, making it ideal for plants. Currently I have two pepper plants, some ornamental basil, and an ailing tomato plant. (It is not my fault, but the way, that it is ailing; I bought it from Whole Foods where it was jammed onto a shelf not high enough for it and allowing it to get almost no light. After a few days with me it looks very slightly better, but at least no worse. Please keep it in mind in your prayer circles.) Indoors, I have mint and rosemary. We're not supposed to store anything on our fire escapes, but since my plants are mostly on the windowsill and hanging, I think technically I'm ok. Even if I'm not, no one has said anything.

My pepper plants! Dave calls them "capsicums."


Crawling out of my window is a bit of a pain, but it's well worth it.


Neighboring fire escapes


View of Central Park

No comments:

Post a Comment