Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bureaucrats

Suddenly, I'm feeling a little less festive.


"Dear Elizabeth,

This email is to ask whether the fruit and vegetable items lying in the corridor outside your room doorway are yours? If so, even though I must admit they are very charming, and quite an amusement to me when I'm on my rounds, can i ask that you please place them inside your room/the kitchen?

I only say this because any items left in the hallway constitute a fire (exit) hazard, and so are in violation of our own stipulated fire code.

Please let me know if you have any questions about either this email, or our fire policy, as I'm always happy to hear from residents about these and other matters.

I hope you can understand our position on this.

Thanks and best wishes,
Ruaridh M."

No comments:

Post a Comment