Monday, June 3, 2013

Bay-Wide Prominence and Prestige

I learned today that my efforts aboard the Doodlebug II this summer (revisit my post about the trip here) have been recognized. Below is the cover of the Great South Bay Yacht Racing Association's annual yearbook/newsletter, where you will undoubtedly recognize me immediately. (Just in case you don't, I'm the one to the very far left sitting with my pack to the camera. Ed is leaning out on the trapeze of our boat.)



I find this all pretty hilarious, as my main contributions that day were to leap out of the way as the three experienced crew members did stuff I had no idea how to do, or to try to be as heavy as possible when directed so as to counter-balance the pull of the sail. I did learn to be pretty handy with the bailer, too. Anyway, it's a nice memento of a pretty exciting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment