Friday, May 31, 2013

May: A Summary

Dear Readers,

I am the worst.

This month has somehow gotten away from me, and this, on the last day of May will be only my third post. A lot has been going on, but this is not an excuse I like to use for my absence. I have missed allowing myself time to reflect-a big part of why I enjoy blogging-and the opportunity to write (somewhat) creatively. To fill you in on what's been filling my hours, below is a brief rundown of May's highlights, some more glamorous than others.

This month, I have:
-Run three races
-Monitored the progress of my new niece, born on May 9th
-Hosted my brother for a weekend visit
-Spent time with Ed's mother, cousin, and friends who visited New York for 10 days
-Seen three Broadway shows
-Traveled to Florida to watch Ed's first half-Ironman of the season
-Dealt with things on my to-do list for months, such as buying Draino and dealing with the sluggish shower drain, mending a torn seam on a favorite sweater, doing a load of handwashing, and taking some pants to be altered
-Planted and cared for a small herb garden in our apartment
-Put together a birthday album for my mother containing messages from family and friends
-Traveled to California to meet my niece and spend time with my parents, brothers/sisters-in-law, and grandparents
-Exchanged the sweaters in my closet for shorts and sundresses
-Attended a talk given by author Jane Gardam
-Gone to two appointments with doctors
-Attended several parties and met friends for dinner a few times

June is shaping up to be busy as well, with more races and weddings in Connecticut and Mexico City. However, I pledge that a busy schedule is no reason not to take a few minutes to do things I enjoy.

Happy June!

No comments:

Post a Comment