Thursday, October 28, 2010

Weekend Chills and Thrills

I'll be in DC this coming weekend and will likely not be participating in any Halloween festivities, so I was particularly excited when Julia invited me to their pre-Halloween party last Friday night. I decided to keep it low key and dressed as a 12-year-old girl, complete with neon nail polish, rubber bracelets, and a _Twilight_-themed t-shirt. There were several girls there from Asian countries (Hong Kong, China, and Japan) who had never carved pumpkins before, so watching them dive into their first ones was pretty entertaining. I love stuff like that - really makes you question traditions you take for granted. I mean, whose I idea was it to cut faces in pumpkins in the first place?

How do you entertain a group of graduate students for next to nothing? Temporary tattoos. Julia provided sheets of them and we put them all over ourselves. The fang marks seemed appropriate for my costume, given my t-shirt.

On Sunday, Dave joined Seint and me at the climbing gym for a sweaty, exhausting, awesome afternoon. We all took turns belaying each other, then went out for dinner and drinks afterward. It was a great way to end a great weekend!

Belay on!

Seint lowers me down, and I make a mental note to clean my camera lens. Dave makes a mental note to hold the camera straight next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment