Friday, May 28, 2010

Mystery, Part II

Margarete, my learned colleague and friend, contributed these words in response to my recent sleuthing:

"My dear Beth,
I was greatly amused by your blog concerning the smoking oven. It is my considered opinion that your warming drawer may, in fact, be a broiler. My reasoning is quite elementary, my dear Beth-

First- having observed the size in of your appliance (Exhibit A) I reasoned that it would be unlikely to have two heating elements.

Second- considering the dietary preferences of the typical apartment dweller, a broiler would be in greater demand than a warming drawer.

Third- based on your statements the muffin cups scorched in a remarkably short time period. Surely, a warming drawer would produce a lower gentler heat.

Fourth- logistically how would one warm plates in the warming drawer while baking lasagna at say 350• Fahrenheit in the oven? Wouldn't the plates also be at 350•? If so, why not just put them in the oven??

Fifth - are there guides on the sides of the alleged warming drawer that would accommodate a....broiler pan??

Based on this deductive reasoning we must conclude that your warming drawer is, in fact, a broiler."

No comments:

Post a Comment