Monday, March 1, 2010

Ice-T in the morning is better than coffee

This morning, while walking to Heritage for another action-packed day, I noticed a crowd of people gathered around jumble of various indiscriminate objects on the sidewalk across the street from Central Park. At first, I thought it was some kind of rummage sale. As I got closer, I realized that a filming of the TV series "Law and Order: SVU" was being filmed! Below is an Internet photograph of two of the characters, Detective Tutuola (played by Ice-T, former gangsta rapper-turned TV cop, a natural progression) and Detective Munch (played by Richard Belzer).


Now, check out the picture I managed to snap from my BlackBerry. (You see why I included the close-up photo for reference? This shot was the best I could do.) The white-haired man directly left of the guy in the turquoise parka is Belzer, and the guy to his left is Ice-T. I heard Belzer say something about a revolving door - not sure if that was dialogue or just commentary on his part - but that was about all I could get over the street noise.


Would I have recognized these guys from across a street too early on an absurdly sunny morning? Heck no. But the folding chairs below clued me in. You can't tell in this photo, but they say "Law and Order" on the back of them.


Gotta love this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment