Sunday, January 24, 2010

Experiment

Life in New York can be very exciting because of all the new things there are to see and try. I've decided to try something new that I've been wanting to do for ages, however, which has nothing to do with the city. I bought a jar and a bottle of vodka so that I could at long last give infusing a try. At the moment, I have lemons floating around in it, which I plan to take out fairly soon (it's been a week) after a taste test. Ferran helpfully pointed out a few days ago that it tastes like "vodka and lemons," which I suppose is what I was going for. I hope my friend Sarah will give me a second, and perhaps more profound, opinion this evening.

Note: Since I took this picture, the vodka has become a little on the cloudy side as lemon juice has leached into it and is a very pale yellow color.

With Anthony's help, I came up with quite a long list of flavorings to try next, including pear, green apple, pineapple, cherry, lemon and raspberries, raspberries on their own, and oranges. I've heard of people putting jalepenos in, but I'm not sure that's really my style. I'd better get drinking if I want to try something different, however, because I bought only one jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment